Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hyderabadi...

Travelling early in the morning along the vein of the city when the darkness starts to leave giving space to light is so delighting. The bus needs to pass through the Old city and the Hi-tech city before reaching my destination. In the Old city, there would be silence everywhere that I would wonder what people would be doing. But I don't get bored; for the beautiful old buildings and the bridges would be speaking to me.
They would boast me about their life style and the traditions then. I would be about to visualize the Sultan, his rule and the legend of his love life when I would suddenly be brought back  to the real world by the repeated horns of the innumerable vehicles when the bus reaches the Mozamzahi market which would by then be very busy with the fruit sellers and buyers who had come from all over the old city.


After having early morning glimpses of the public garden, Gandhi statue in front of the Assembly and the 'ladkis' at Lakdikapul bus stop, I would then head towards Hitech. I observe people sleeping on the footpath near the Masab- tank flyover which would in a way look like a metaphoric welcome to the Hitech.



"Wake up! It's late already" the pregnant woman on the pavement said to her husband while buttoning the hook of  her blouse. Her husband who probably had drunk the previous night; hearing his wife shout had turned to the other side where his 5 children were sleeping together under a common dupatta that covered their entire body except their legs and part of their faces.



I then would travel through the Banjara hills and would reach Hitech. On the way I would come across many apartments where young moms in modern out fits would be waiting for their child's school bus. I would feel happy for the changes that were happening to the women in my city and would ultimately get down the bus at the final stop to go to office.



Passing through the two contrasting locations; I would be wondering which would be better for mankind. Whether the old city or the Hitec city? Some random theories come across my mind leaving me thinking for a while. One day Old City would win the argument and the other day Hitech would be winning the argument. I never knew which was good and which probably could benefit mankind better. But one thought which came across my mind one fine morning impressed me very much. 'Afzalgunj' can be made 'Banajara Hills' but 'Banjara hills' cannot become 'Afzalgunj' again. Its just a thought and I don't mean that Hitech world has lost the argument. Forgive me if it didnt make sense to you but sometimes it appears to me that it did make sense to me.



 It's the same routine everyday but is different in its own way. Life seems routine but is very different at the same time.  Struggle and comfort; Logic and sense; wants and responsibilities; everything is defined and redefined randomly. Question remains same but the answers vary. Life is complicated but beautiful, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment